September 28, 2008

382nd Place...

Ok, so I didn't place in the top 100, but hey out of 1000+ women, I thought I did pretty well.  

I was nervous all week preparing myself for my first sprint triathlon... 400 yd swim, 11 mile bike and 3 mile run.  This took place in Pleasanton at Shadow Cliffs on Saturday the 27th.  It was all Kirky's idea and Dana and I joined in... we all work together in recreation at SJSU at thought it would be a great challenge... we got Kim and Carrie (students) to join us too.

Everyone did really well, I ranked 47 in the swim, Kirky kicked butt on the bike and Dana's run was an outrageous 22min.  


This experience was a great one and I hope to do it again and encourage others to join in.

You can view all the results right here.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Ok, you are awesome!! I REALLY wish i did that sprint triathalon. I was looking into a few months prior, but never got my act together. I'm not up for a 5k though...running is my weakness. For the volleyball, you can call the city of SR and put your name on the "sub list"..but maybe we can form our own team next time. I've got a couple other friends here who would want to play.

Anonymous said...

I can do the running hands down the biking would be dine but swimming that much.... I'd drown LOL that is awesome that you did this! I wish I would get my butt out there instead of just the streets here in Pullman. Go cougs!