November 17, 2008

Holiday Project: Pumpkin Decor


I friend Lydia found this project online and shared it with all of us.   This project done by magpie, and when I saw it,  I knew I had to do it.  In her sample she creates a beautiful pear,  and I decided to do a pumpkin.  I found this Russian book in the lost and found box at work.  The book had not been claimed all summer so I thought I could make good use of it.   I also saw Anthropology use this technique to decorate their store.  They had four or five hung vertically in their store window in rows of 10 or 12.  

This is a great technique and you should try it... directions are on the site of magpie...good luck and have fun.

6 comments:

Henry and Esther said...

Hey Beckie,that was nice I'll have to try sometime. We will be going to Walnut Creek in Dec for Karissa's basketball tourment. How far is San Ramon from Walnut Creek?

rebeccaharper said...

that is only 15 minutes from us... when/where is she playing?

Henry and Esther said...

12/27-12/31, Pittsburg high, we will be staying at the embassy suite in walnut creek. dont know the times until they do the bracket.

Anonymous said...

I just love the pumpkin you did a great job and with Russian literature too! Valerie Myers

lydiajane said...

too cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea for holiday home decorative accent.