Celebrated my 30th b-day on Monday by enjoying a beautiful day in the city (San Francisco). Chad and I both had the day off and the kids stayed with grandma for the day. We spent the afternoon by the Ferry Building and walked out on the pier that over looks the bay bridge. There were not very man people around and when I asked a older gentleman to take a picture of us, it didn't turnout very well so i decided to prop the camera on my bag leaning slightly upward and had it timed for a shot. I love this picture..... Here is a rule that I learned when cutting off people's body parts in a picture.
1. Never cut at the joints (elbow, knee etc.)
2. When cutting the head, never cut directly on the neck line.
3. When cutting the body, never cut exactly on the waist line.
4. When cutting a face, never cut half of the face, do less than or more than half. This works vertically or horizontally.
I have always followed this rule and most of the time I have a successful body cutting picture...ha ha. Also, try using this cutting technique when cropping photos... it works just as well.
On another note... just purchased Adobe Lightroom II, which is a great tool for digital photographers and love it. By using this product, you are able to adjust digital photos in a professional way.
7 comments:
My hubbie, Aaron Johnson, directed me to your website and I have to say I am completely impressed by what an artist you are. Your talent shows in your photography and in your hybrid projects/digital scrapping. I feel a bit sheepish that you perused my meager attempt at digital scrapping showcased on my blog. ;) I find that the more I do it the better I get. Now I feel like I want to redo all of the earlier pages. Oh well. It is a hobby that I enjoy. Thanks for letting me drop in.
Ali Johnson
I get a lot of my stuff at www.shabbyprincess.com. That is her free download site, but she also has a shabby shoppe where you can get her more recent stuff that is much better quality. There are a few other places that I will get an occasional kit but shabby princess is by far my favorite. It sometimes gets a bit dicey trying to make pages for Aaron and my son that don't look too girly. I have to work at that. Not that I am a girly person, but shabby princess kits tend to be. What about you? Do you have a favorite source for scrapbook stuff?
I browse a bunch of other sites (inc. Designer Digitals) but I haven't really got into posting a gallery or anything. With Aaron in school, money is tight so I am saving all of my pages on my external hard drive for now and hope to hit him with a huge bill when I finally get to print it all.
Shutterfly sounds like a great way to go. Do they make 12 X 12 books? How do they handle the binding? Does some of your page get lost in the binding or do they add white to the side of your page so that you don't lose any of your page in the binding. I always wondered about that and thought that I probably would just print them at Costco and put them in plastic sheaths to avoid the whole binding worry. It would be great to know. Costco is pretty cheap for a 12 X 12 and the quality is good.
My mom was a scrapbooker before anyone knew what that was. ;) I have 18 scrapbooks of my life prior to college--that's when I took over. Aaron always grumbles when he has to move yet another box full of scrapbooks. tee hee. oh well. I have tons of paper, stickers, matts, blah, blah, blah. When my kids were born I stopped scrapbooking because it was such a hassle with little fingers and we never had enough space to leave it out, so it was a pain to bring it all out, do one page, and put it all away again. Nov. 2007 I started digital and I haven't looked back. I LOVE it! Now I need a real camera so that my photos look better. Aaron better watch out! I have a wish list a mile long. ;)
That is great to know about shutterfly. thanks for the info. I use Photoshop Elements, but I have used a few other programs that just weren't that great. I believe I have an account with DD, but I don't check it often. I also have downloaded of Two Peas. They both have good stuff. Have you ever looked at Peppermint Creative (www.peppermintcreative.com) or Digital Design Essentials (www.digitaldesignessentials.com, I think) They are both pretty good as well.
Sounds like you are really busy. Having family around must be nice. We have a brother in law here, but that is it.
I store on my EHD and on my computer, but I need to be more diligent about backing up. You just reminded me it has been way too long!! *note to self, add that to list of to do* I haven't sold any of my stuff because I use it for cards from time to time and for school projects. It came in super handy when it came time to make our science project backdrop. ;) It looked awesome. Yay left over paper products. I have tried scanning in some of the stickers and turned them into a digital png file but it is time consuming and I haven't used them all that much. Oh well.
The digi scrap on facebook sounds fun. Is that PST? We will be at church from 11-2 EST so hopefully it is PST and I can drop in. *again note to self--get on computer after church* :)
Hopefully I will chat more tomorrow. Thanks for the fun messages! Yay!
DDE has been around for quite awhile. I think Gina Cabrerra, the owner is involved in several other websites so she keeps her own store pretty simple. I just love the softness of the kits. They are cute for little kids and baby pages.
I got the facebook page invite but I'm not sure exactly how to join. I think I am facebook-challenged. I will try to figure it out though. Hope to see you there.
Happy belated! Oh, I love that shot, too! Your digital stuff is so wonderful, you should have all of the good tools! I've downloaded a bunch of stuff from Designer Digitals over the last couple of months, but it just sits in a folder on my desktop:) Are you going to Lisa's next month?
Happy Belated birthday! Sounds like a perfect day!I passed your photo tips on to my 13 year old daughter who is a budding photo artist, she is already doing so many amazing things!I hope to see you at Lisa's this weekend! Valerie
Post a Comment